Headline Solaris 24 pc . F2 fault still flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I've had the HW probe replaced ( and also had installed a probe from another Solaris that I know to be ok) and the F2 fault is still flashing. The gas engineer spoke to Heatline technical today about resetting the boiler as it works fine, but they weren't much help .
I was told by them in a previous call that there is a resetting procedure so the boiler knows the fault has been corrected.
Does anyone know how to reset or have any other advice that I can pass on to the engineer?
Thanks,
Mark.

Sponsored Links
turn the temp dials to minimum and raptly switch between hot only and hot hot water on CH on the selector switch.

its been awhile since i worked on one but i pretty sure it not that hard to clear the fault. simply switching it off for 5 minutes would do it.

my gut feeling here is that the wire to the sensor has been damaged, most likely trap in the hinge.

Thanks for that. What you've said is exactly what I was told a few weeks back. But today the engineer was told that there's no such procedure. I'll try that to see if it clears the fault.
I'll get him to check the wire to. Thanks again.

Just one thing on the wire, is the wire replaced when the sensors replaced. If it is then this may not be the problem as 2 new and working sensors have been installed. Or is it separate to the sensor?

Sponsored Links
the wire is not replace with the sensor. its a bit of wire at goes from the sensor to the pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back