Heat exchanger - Powermax 155

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Anyone here in the trade?

We had an engineer out a few weeks ago, who advised that we need to replace the heat exchanger on our Powermax 155. They're now telling us that the part is out of stock, Pottertons have none, and they're waiting for more to be made...

Can anyone in the known confirm this please?

Sponsored Links
Replace the heat exchanger ???????????
What is the exact model /GC number?
Did they give you a part number of the 'heat exchanger' that needs replacing?

Here's exactly what he's written on the job sheet:

"Serviced boiler and found hot water faulty. Adjusted mixer valve to max. Still Faulty. Traced fault to sealed matrix. Quoted for new part"

There are no part numbers on the sheet...

Does that help?

Sounds like a secondary heat exchanger, a pretty minor part really!

Sponsored Links
They got my girlfriend to put down a £200 deposit for it too...

Weggy said:
Traced fault to sealed matrix.

I presume this is a 155x and is reference to the plate heat exchanger?

Part number P752 Heat Exchanger c/w 26 Plates?

Yep, it's a 155x.

I've just phoned the company doing the boiler, and he said it is indeed the plate heat exchanger. He's calling me back with the part number....

Was your hot water faulty before it was serviced?

Plate heat exch I would imagine to be around the £150ish mark

Make sure you get a guarantee with this work

Yes it was already faulty. Basically, we moved into this house about 6 weeks ago, noticed the hot water didnt last long, so booked a service for the boiler.... the fault was then found.

Does this all sound right then? Also, is this true about this part not being available anywhere? They've told me that Pottertons are out of stock and are waiting for these parts to be manufactured....

Thanks for you thoughts - much appreciated

We would normally try to clean a part like this because we can do it immediately on site and that avoids additional expense and any supply line problems.

Not everyone wants or knows hot to clean them and its rather messy and needs acids.

Tony

Only Potterton (Baxi) can give you the answer to stock levels

Agile said:
We would normally try to clean a part like this because we can do it immediately on site and that avoids additional expense and any supply line problems.

Not everyone wants or knows hot to clean them and its rather messy and needs acids.

Tony

They said they dont clean them as they're easily damaged... replacement is the way to go, apparently.

we have been waiting for one for two weeks

I hate even trying to clean them out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back