Heating coming on when switched to Hot Water Only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Halstead Ace High Combi boiler.
Since last night, the central heating is coming on even when the switch is set to Hot Water Only. The only way I can turn the heating off is by switching the bolier off completely. Can anyone help me with what the problem is on this?

P.S I don't know if this has anything to do with it but our water pipes in the house are frozen today. The pipes have frozen many times before but haven't affected the boiler.

ANY HELP apprecaited?

Sponsored Links
Your pipes froze because you turned the boiler off, presumably to save a few pennies ;) , don't know if there's frost protection on your boiler, which may cause your problem.

Probably frost protection being activated, has been known to happen when it is this cold.

Sponsored Links
This problem is the diverter valve stuck in the heating position so over rides the hot water demand .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back