Heating controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the kitchen there is a boiler above it in the airing cupboard next to the hot water tank is a metal box on the wall 4 1/4"x 5 1/4" marked Stachwell Sunvac there is a relay+ 5 amp fuse and a board. Below it on the pipe is a small metal box marked Douval says domestic water with arrow pointing up and central heating with an arrow pointing down .Attached to the hot water tank there is a clock that goes from 40 to 90 Stachwell+ Atchwell on the front . i know they are the controls for hot water etc .but can you tell me what they are called . as i am trying to cost to replace . I am told it will cost £300 to replace ?

Sponsored Links
i dont no the name but of what your trying to describe but if you have control over hot water and central heating as you can have 1 or the other on at any1 time, you can upgrade any part of the controls can you post a picture of the offending part?

300 sounds reasonable to change the whole lot:

cylinder stat, wiring centre, roomstat (or install one if you dont have one) and programmer.

Replacing the whole lot based on a honeywell y-plan and a st 9400 and accurately working thermostats will probably save you some money and certainly a lot of agro compared to just replacing the bit that is knackered.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back