Heating goes off and can only override with hot water therm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a house less than two years old. Had same problem last year and the firm did remedy it but after lots of fuss. They even changed the boiler circuit board and had a completely new programmer fitted to CH as the idiot didnt know how to use the other programmer!!!
When I set CH timer (Siemens RWB9) for say 3 hours, it goes off after about an hour even if isnt that warm. Im making sure my hot water is on at the same tiime as CH. We cant override to set continuous or to turn back on. The only way it turns back on is if i go to my hot water cistern and turn the thermostat up - therm in hot water cistern currently at 60 deg but have to go higher to turn heating back on. The thermostat on hallway wall is at max as there are indivdual thermostats on the radiators and i was told it has to be at maximum. One radiator in main bedroom again cold - think its a faultyvalve again - sick of this - its always when it gets below freezing and im full of cold that it happens... can you give some advice other than contact them? (I have but want to be able to give them an idea what they need to fix, instead of the boiler people talking with the hot water people, and the CH people etc) (they like to pass the buck!)

Sponsored Links
I presume that you`ve a system boiler,and hot water tank from your description. If so look at the other posts on here about 3 port valves. should give you a clue where to start looking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back