Heating Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first post on here as I have a bit of a problem with my heating and hot water system that I hope someone on here might be able to offer some insight into as I'm starting to get frustrated with it. We have a vented open system with the boiler in the utility room, a room thermostat in the hall downs stairs and the hot water tank (with a service mounted thermostat) in the airing cupboard along with the timer panel, pump and the motorised 3 port valve.

Our issue is when both the how water system and the central heating systems are turned on the room thermostat in the hall way doesn’t seem to activate the boiler / pump. My initial thinking is that there is a fault with the motorised valve, however when I turn off the hot water circuit on the timer panel with the room thermostat turned up the boiler and pump kick on and motorised value is energised and slides over to the heating side. If I then raise the temperature on the hot water tank and turn on the hot water circuit on the timer panel the motorised valve will energise and slide to the middle setting. If I then turn the thermostat down on the hot water tank the whole system shuts down instead even through the room temperature hasn’t risen enough to warrant the central heating shutting down.

Apologies for the wordy initial post and I hope the above makes sense, if not I’ll try and answer any questions, I’m just starting to get a little frustrated about with the whole thing.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back