Heating not coming on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please can someone help me we have a rtf500 room thermostat and the flame is showing on the room thermostat, on the wall controller both the red and green lights are on. I’ve tried resetting the room thermostat, changed temperatures, taken batteries out etc etc. On the wall unit, I’ve turned it off and on again and both red and green lights are on and it’s “clicked” but still no heating! I’ve reset the boiler, turned the heating up and down on the boiler but still no heating! We have hot water so I know the boiler is working. Please help, before I take a hammer to the whole lot!!

Sponsored Links
Do you have a 3 port valve in the airing cupboard?
If hot water works and ch doesn't this valve is usually the culprit.

What is one of those and what do I need to do? Please explain in simple terms, I’ve no idea about things like this!

Sponsored Links
Do you have a 3 port valve in the airing cupboard?
If hot water works and ch doesn't this valve is usually the culprit.
No you do not have one of these, your boiler is a combi, you get HW direct from the boiler and not from a cylinder, it sounds like your receiver is goosed, these are not the most reliable models, if you are competent with electrics bridge out the two switching wires in the receiver and if the heating comes on that is the problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back