heating not working on Vokerra Linea

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

Hope you can help. this is my first post.

Moved into property so just tried the heating on our Linea 28 combi. Boiler went through the firing procedure. What then happens is the digital display of the temp keeps bouncing around. eg says 4 degrees, then 1 degree, then the boiler goes into lockout and has to be reset.

Hot water is ok. Any ideas as to the cause.

Jeff

Sponsored Links
I think you are being a little economical with the details.

For a start are you a tenant or have you bought the property?

Doesn't the boiler give a fault code, like F4 or something?

Is the water pressure normal ? ( Whats normal? )

Tony

04 and 01 are the lockout codes. 01 is ignition lockout, 04 is low water pressure or flow depending on the model year.

thanks for the reply. I own the property.

I'm not gettting any fault code on the boiler. Like i said hot water is working fine. But when i switch the selector switch over to c/h the boiler tries to fire up. The lcd then displacys the temp which goes up and down and then the boiler lockout.

Jeff

Sponsored Links
My guess would be that it needs new thermisters. Probably the one on the primary flow. Maybe scaled up if the heating has not been on for a while. I'd replace both of them at the same time.

You need a RGI as the combustion chamber needs opening up to get to the heating thermister.

thanks for the reply. I own the property.

I'm not gettting any fault code on the boiler. Like i said hot water is working fine. But when i switch the selector switch over to c/h the boiler tries to fire up. The lcd then displacys the temp which goes up and down and then the boiler lockout.

Jeff

when it dispays "4 degrees" and "1degree" is the led above the display red or green?

It seems that it is giving both ignition and pressure/flow fault codes and he is interpreting the red light as the lockout indication.

He has not told us the pressure showing, should be about 1.5 Bar.

It is quite likely that it has two faults although I would not expect the sensors are at fault but their resistance should be measured with the boiler cold to check and eliminate them.

I would be investigating the pressure/flow switch to see if that is being activated correctly.

Investigation an ignition lockout would normally require a CORGI. As the problem only occurs on CH then it might be related to the gas valve settings.

Tony

thanks Agile and Nickso for your replies. Boiler pressure is just above 1bar when cold.

I think after looking i have a better idea and i'm less confused by what i see.

At the moment the selector switch is set to water and heating but the timer for heating is set to off. This morning i ran hot water without a prob.

I set the timer to bring the heating on a few hours later and went to work. Came in to find the boiler was F1 ( i originally thought that was 1 degrees temp) and above was a red light.

I reset the boiler by moving the selector switch to the middle then back to water/heating. Boiler went through the firing process. I could hear the fan, then a click then it trying to fire and then F1 and red light.

Reset it and tried it again and it lit ok. It seems to be doing this intermittently.

Investigating an ignition lockout would normally require a CORGI. As the problem only occurs on CH then it might be related to the gas valve settings.

Tony

Has it now stopped giving the F4 code?

Tony

Was that after you had topped up the water pressure?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back