Vokera linea 28 domestic hot water problem

Sponsored Links
oldtimespark said:
why pay for something that does not need changing

Like the new thermistor you've put on your boiler when it's your plate heat exchanger that's fouled?

I was in the wrong to change thermistors first will listen to advice in future.again thanks to everyone for their help

Take the plate heat exchanger out and clean it. Use citric or phosphoric acid descaler. The "Pound Shop" near me sells both!
°°°C
I always use ALT+0186 !!
ººººC

Sponsored Links
This boiler was a replacement for an old faulty one, when I had it connected first, it seemed to run ok. Hot water ran ok, was heating up ok. After a short time I realised, it wasn't firing up on its own after the heating temp started to drop. Searched forums, someone suggested I press the reset button.
Then I realised the display wasn't showing numbers any more on heating, it dispplayed a CO. Found somewhere it meant Combustion mode. It ran in combustion mode for about 20mins or so, heated up heating really well, then reached certain high temperature (dont know what because it only displayed CO) and stops.
It would hum and make noise, seemed like the pump was just pushing the water round, but when it had to fire up it WOULD and it would display numbers (not CO). THe problem was it would fire up, run for about 20 secs and then stop. It would do this on-off for as long you leave it, but wouldn't stay on for longer enough to warm up the heating. The only way for me to get through the really cold days was to keep firing the bl**dy thing up every time we realisd the temperature dropped and it got cold in the house.
It was suggested then by a BG engineer, PCB or the smaller control board under the PCB.

Just tonight I got that smaller board fitted, the only change is it when I tried to fire it up by turning the dial onto heating/water to the right, it would NOT display the CO, but wouldn't fire up either unless I pressed the black reset little button, THEN it would start in CO mode. Press the button again and it reverts to numbers but the boiler/heating would not fire up.
One thing to mention when it ran in CO mode the heating would work for 20mins or so, but the hot water would not come on - diverter vallve issue or just the fact that its CO mode for the heating??
There are no timers installed, no roomstats, etc...

PLEASE HELP.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back