no hot water vokera linea combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got ideas re a fault with my combi. It is a Vokera linea 28 which is about 6 yrs old. When I turn on the hot water tap the boiler fires up and works for about 20 sec's it then turns off. The central heating works fine, turn it on and the boiler fires up and works no problems, however, as soon as I then turn on a hot tap it goes off again. I am assuming, after going through the fault finding chart in the manual it could be either the PCB or gas control valve, anyone got ideas on which it could be.

Sponsored Links
Is it the season for clogged heat exchangers or something?

It could be a temperature sensor though as well - get your multimeter and check the resistances.

If you are a hard water area then I would agree with the plate heat exchanger blocked. Are you getting any fault codes come up when it goes off?

Run hot tap & observe temp on display (it reads dhw temp) as soon as blr shuts down then immediately turn isolating/filling valve from 12:00 position to 06:00 position which stops water flowing. If temp display goes up to about 82 degrees then your plate heat ex is blocked probably with magnetite

Sponsored Links
Hi, again and thanks for the replies, I have tried the suggestions and it does not appear to be any of the listed faults. I have however, been checking a few of the controls, when I turn the DHW temp control down below the 3/4 mark the boiler will not fire up at all when a tap is turned on, once moved to max it fires up for 5-10 secs the flame then dies down and goes out. If I leave the tap running turn the DHW temp control down to min for a few secs then back up to max the boiler lights again but goes out as before. Does this point to a faulty temp control. If so looking at it, it is part of a smaller PCB under the main PCB.

Could you explain EXACTLY what you have done to check:-

1. Temp sensors?

2. Plate HE ?

Tony

Send me £1000 and I will tell you it is not the PCB.

Hi again, thanks for all the advice, got a new thermister for the DHW heat exchanger, it now fully working again :D :D. Wher do I send the £1,000 for the advice re the PCB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back