Vokera linea 28 CH and hot water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My previously faultless Vokea Linea 28 has developed a problem.
The CH first heats up to around 55deg. then flames for about 5 seconds then goes out for 10 secs and relights for 5 second cycles etc. No hot water is achieved. However, if the CH is off and the boiler is cold, hot water is acheived.
Any ideas? :(

Sponsored Links
Thank you,
Ive had a look at the micro switch and it appears to be ok. What do you suggest next?

Are you getting a fault code on the display? Try the ch thermistor.

Sponsored Links
I have come across this fault a few times it will probably be the ignition board . This is the board fixed to the gas valve.

regards paul

pwdavis said:
I have come across this fault a few times it will probably be the ignition board . This is the board fixed to the gas valve.

regards paul

careful. that usually means it wont get anywhere near 55 degrees in my experience. if it is the board take it out and see if the resistors need resoldering before you go and buy a new one.

Hi,
There is no fault code showing, which makes this all the more awkward... :confused:

buckers said:
Hi,
There is no fault code showing, which makes this all the more awkward... :confused:

by pure coincidence i had this very fault today, exactly the way you describe it. the temp you see on the front when in dhw is the dhw temp i believe. the primary temp is actually at 80 degrees when the boiler is showing 55degrees and cutting out.

its not the thermistors or the gas valve pcb.

seems the dhw heat exchanger is not transferring the heat very well. ill let you know tomorrow when i strip it down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back