Heating not working ravenheat hot water working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ravenheat CSI85A Condensing Boiler (2 years old).
Hot Water works fine but no heating at all. Disconnected wireless thermostat and put link back in. If I turn HW on, the diverter valve pushes the microswitch then pump comes on, all works OK. However, when I turn on the CH, nothing happens. If I manually push in the microswitch and hold, the CH comes on.
Bar pressure 1.5., I have changed the CH sensor. Power light stays on OK. Could it be the CH Potentiometer? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dave, can you please elaborate abit more...looking at the boiler user guide and cannot see what that is?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the installation and servicing instructions....I must be stupid because I still can't see the fan modulating board? :(

Page 50/51 of the servicing & installation book, item 15; part no 0012CIR06010/0

Dave remind me ( or tell me ) why that should only afffect the CH ?

Is it because the DHW is on full power most of the time and the fault only applies to lower heating power?

Tony

Do me a favour before you go rushing out to find a 'fan modulating board' [I think he means ignition pcb but if your boiler is post september 2005 it will be integrated with the main pcb]

Get in to the back of your timeclock then take the wire off number 5 and put it on number 4. If it isnt working now then try hitting the big button on the front so that the light is off.
Theres other ways to skin this cat but what I basically want you to try is joining the wires together on 3 and 5

Yes Tony, I believe that is what John Wilson said. I checked my notes.

Slug, I don't mean the ignition board, the fan modulating board.

We were told this is a known problem on this model, in the exact circumstances the OP has and it will be this board, when Tony and I were at the Ravenheat training day recently.

Slug you are a star! Linked out the timer like you said and hey presto, heating came on immediately. :D

I assume I just have to buy a new timer?

Thank you all for your help...great forum.

Hi

Follow on from the above, I have a ravenheat CSI85 4 years old, has separate ignition board and main PCB.

The pressure dropped due I think to a small leak, after re filling the system the boiler will not re start. The pump runs, the light is on, the pressure at 1.5 but no pilot or gas burner lights. Any Ideas???

Many Thanks

Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back