Heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Potterton Promax boiler running off of a danfoss 2-channel timer (possibly model CP715).

When the timer is off, the boiler still fires up intermittently - heating the radiators (eg the heating was running at full pelt at 2am this morning, after the timer went off at 10pm)

It has been suggested that this may be the boiler activating on an 'anti-frost' (?) setting, although the problem seems to occur even in mild weather.

Top floor rads have thermostats, the remaining have normal valve controls.

There is a thermostat in the living room which is set to around 22 degrees.

The system is only about 18 months old (in a new-build)

Any thoughts or comments would be much appreciated - I dread to think how much I'll be paying EON for my next gas bill!! :mad:

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
1. Is the boiler in the main house?
2. Is it in an outhouse or unheated area?

If unheated there should be a frost-stat near the boiler (looks like a roomstat). It may be set too high, about 3C is usually adequate.

Otherwise look for a stuck motorised valve on the heating circuit which is getting warm.

Best solution is to read the info pack supplied by the builder, and if it's still not clear get them to fix it under warranty.

MM

1. Is the boiler in the main house?
2. Is it in an outhouse or unheated area?

If unheated there should be a frost-stat near the boiler (looks like a roomstat). It may be set too high, about 3C is usually adequate.

Otherwise look for a stuck motorised valve on the heating circuit which is getting warm.

Best solution is to read the info pack supplied by the builder, and if it's still not clear get them to fix it under warranty.

MM

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice MM,

The bolier is in the kitchen so i can't see frost being a problem?

if it is the motorised valve - (would that be the 'actuator'?) would it be a big job to sort?

No info pack was supplied, I'll contact the builder to see if I can get them to come down and have a look.

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back