Heating pump noise (bubbles?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've noticed that our heating pump is making a noise which sounds like grit in the water flowing through it, or air bubbles.

It's hard to explain, it sounds like how I would imagine gritty water to sound flowing through a pipe.

The boiler is also kettling a moderate amount (Ideal Mexico 2 , semi pumped system I think), so I have drained the system and added some X200 (and X100) straight to a towel rail to make sure it gets in to the system directly. So maybe it's air bubbles from the kettling?

The heating works fine, just wondered if this is a sign of something that needs attention?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it might be cavitation (caused by air in the pump) it is a symptom rather than a cause.
Could be the system is drawing in air or leaking and constantly changing the water, which will cause scale too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back