heating system recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have extended my house from 4 bed detached house to 6 beds with 4 bathrooms. I have also replaced all the windows and upgraded the CH to all underfloor, both upstairs and downstairs. 3 manifolds, each serves 6 zones. both DHW and CH are currently supplied by 28cdi Worcester combi boiler that was installed 1999 which I am thinking of replacing with system boiler and tank as I led to believe that is the most efficient heating system; is that true? if so what boiler type I need and what size.

Sponsored Links
Yes, a boiler & cylinder setup will be much more efficient, especially if you can get a boiler that is capable of producing a low flow temperature for the heating & high flow temperature for heating the cylinder in a priority hot water setup.

As for what size boiler you need, it's impossible to say without much more information about your house. Best for you to do your own heat loss calculation to determine that https://www.heat-engineer.com/heat-loss-estimator

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back