Heatline Vizo 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, can someone tell me the thread size of the fitting circled below? The isolation valve is leaking, and the cheapest quote I've had is £133 for a complete pack of 5 valves. I don't mind altering the pipework to suit, but I think that much money for one leaking isolation valve is a bit steep...

Sponsored Links
Where's it leaking from? I spy PTFE on the threads of that valve, looks like a DIY install / repair attempt to me. If it's just the joint leaking it just needs remaking properly

I would have expected most boiler engineers would be able to find a spare one somewhere at a reasonable price.

I would charge about £12 for one. Others perhaps less.

Rotating the knob a few times might make it seal.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply Tony, I've already waggled it and got the leak to a minimum. Even on Ebay these valaves are £30 each!

Yep, I waggled it, waggled it again and then waggled it some more... eventually, it stopped leaking.

Hi,
Thanks for quick reply. Will give it a go, as £130 for a £5 valve is a serious pee take ! Someone on ebay was selling a set of these, as he used his old valves on his new Heatline boiler, so there must be other makes which are interchangable to these valves, and possibly better made.
Thanks
Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back