Heavy home made furniture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ever seen "the Salvager" Rico Danuals on sky a bloke looks like a biker dude complete with walrus moustache, tonight he made a bookcase out of a tree with a chainsaw,it was too heavy to move :LOL: it was funnier than um! well it was very funny he even made the joints with his chain saw, :LOL: not even a pair of safety goggles in sight, I saw him before when he built a coffee table with angle iron steel reinforcing and concrete if I put that upstairs it would now be downstairs via the shortest route. great television, well maybe not great but well worth taking a peek.

Sponsored Links
OI !!!!

I was in the position about 15 years ago where i had to make furniture for a living and had never done it before in my life, so i set about making it how i think it shoud be made and from the Engineering background i have i made furniture that would last more than a few years, problem was i ended up like Arnie Swartzaniger humping the stuff around.

In 1999 i started making heavy duty firesurrounds out of 9"x3" pine and they are made with a chainsaw and i have made hundreds so dont knock it.

I would try tree trunks but lifting 18ft length's of 9"x3" put my back out and i had to have it fixed :oops:

Sponsored Links
Freddie said:
OI !!!!........... length's of 9"x3" put my back out and i had to have it fixed :oops:

Did they use a chainsaw ... was it plastic or .... :D :D

Richardp said:
great television, well maybe not great but well worth taking a peek.

I must have missed the episode where he made a TV. Did he make it in colour or B&W?

joe

Richardp said:
................ parafin

Always remember, if you cannot spell paraffine.... Just call it 'Lamp Oil' :D :D :D :D

Richardp said:
empip said:
Richardp said:
................ parafin

Always remember, if you cannot spell paraffine.... Just call it 'Lamp Oil' :D :D :D :D

oooooh! well aint you the brainy b*****r, :rolleyes: TVO actually :LOL:
Tractor vaporising oil is an internal combustion engine fuel produced from paraffin (kerosene) ..... Start 'er on petrol when 'ot, switch over to 12 stroke TVO...... :D :D
I know.. who gives a jot? ... It's Christmoz !! :D

O little town of Bethlehem,
How still we see thee lie!
Above thy deep and dreamless sleep
The silent stars go by;
Yet in thy dark streets shineth
The everlasting Light;
The hopes and fears of all the years
Are met in thee to-night. :D

Freddie said:
I would try tree trunks but lifting 18ft length's of 9"x3" put my back out and i had to have it fixed :oops:
Happens to the best of us Grandad :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
Back