help 2 gang switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Just looking for a bit of help wiring a double switch please

Basically i have 1 light on my upstairs landing which can also be switched from downstairs, i want to change the upstairs 1 to a double switch which will do my bathroom light,
I have removed the pull switch cable from my bathroom and fed it to the back of my new double switch but can someone tell me what goes where as i keep tripping the fuse.

The thicker red and black is the new feed to the bathroom light all the rest are from the previous 2 way single switch

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
From a quick inspection and using the left hand photo as reference:

Remove the link wire bridging the bottom two terminals
Move the red wire in the bottom right to the bottom left terminal
Connect the big red wire from the bathroom lights to the bottom right
Connect the big black wire from the bathroom to the 2nd terminal from the right, at the top
Hide behind the sofa and get someone else to flick the circuit on

If it works, say thank you
If it works but the light appears to be on with the switch in what you've perceive as the off position and vice versa, move the big black cable to the top right most terminal
If it goes bang, wait for someone else to answer :)

That's VERY thick cable for a lighting circuit. Good luck trying to get the switch back in place.

PS I don't see a connection for the earth in the new cable, where is it?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back