HELP - AIR LOCKED CLASSIC NF50 BOILER?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know how to reset an Ideal Classic NF50 Boiler which has presumably locked itself out from an air lock.
There are no obvious reset buttons. It was working fine after I drained the sytem, replaced a rad and bled the rads but then stopped two days later.

Sponsored Links
It's under panel on R/H side of boiler I think. Red nib with hexagon retaining nut

I've contacted Classic Manufacturers direct and they stated that there isn't a reset for this model. Any ideas what else it could be? I've volt tested the wires connecting from the pcb to the fan motor which was negative but I don't know if this is normal or not as the boiler isn't making any attempt to ignite? There is electricity going to the pcb and the light is on.

Nixt is refering to the overheat lockout button.

If you asked Ideal if it has a reset then their answer would be no, as it hasn't.

If the overheat has popped out then nothing will work until it is pressed in to reset.

Sponsored Links
Ideal may have referred to ignition lockout re-set which it doesn't have. If ignition fails it keeps sparking until fault is rectified. From OP's description of cause (drain down etc..) overheat could result.

Thanks but I'm confused by the above comments. There is no reset/lockout button and the boiler is dead ie. not even sparking. How do I rectify an overheating lockout problem?

Hopefully I'm finally getting somewhere..... I've found the 1amp fuse keeps blowing on the pcb and my pump is making a horrible clicking noise when adjusting the speed setting. Does this mean the pump is faulty and it's blowing the fuse???

RESULT! I unscrewed a round white plastic electrical housing bolted on the underside panel on the right which had a small red & white hose connected to it. I then unscrewed the centre screw releasing a small spring connection to it, which I presume has something to do with overheating reset. The pump then circulated water through the boiler and I replaced the fuse on the pcb & 'hey presto' my igloo is now melting!

Just for info. I contacted Ideal who would not even come out to service the boiler saying they don't touch boilers over 9 years old even when it's one of their own!!!

If they do come out Ideal`s fixed price repair isn`t too bad £160 .. When a board for icos and isars cost this amount it`s a bargain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back