Advice Ideal Classic Boiler and heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Boys,
Please can you give me some advice???? I have a year old Ideal Classic condencing Boiler. Think it model number HE15. At the same time i had fitted a new Honeywell Mid- postion valve, Grundfos pump and a Salus digital programmer.
The hot water is working fine but the rads are not. Heating will not come on at all with out the hot water and when it does it does'nt stay on long. Upstairs rads and the one nearest the boiler get hot others warm or nothing. Bled rads loads of air in one upstairs directly above the boiler but nothing in the others.
Help. Could there be an air lock in the pump? How do i sort this? Don't want to be riped off by anyone as i am a women.

Any advice would be greatfully recieved.

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you may have a blocked cold feed pipe. See FAQ

However it may be a blocked or failing pump or even a faulty motorised valve.

Unfortunately all these possibilities have to be tested on site as there is no single cause.

You should not be worried about being ripped off. Choose someone by personal recommendation if possible or a member of the IPHE possibly.

A few calls to local people asking the basis of their charges would probably indicate who seems to know what they are doing and that they have an established charging basis.

As a guide, we would charge a fixed price diagnostic fee of £84 in our local area and about £35-£70 extra perhaps to cut out and replace a blocked section of pipework ( if that was the cause ) or £65 to replace the pump.

Tony

Check you have water in the small tank in your loft.

When was the last time it worked correctly?

Hi thanks for help,
It worked fine last week and had no problems since fitted last year. Hot water still working fine.
Checked pump spinning fine.
Heating will not come on unless put hot water on and then it will only stay on 2-3 minutes.
Checked small tank in loft it is just over half full of water.
Any more suggestions???

Sponsored Links
sounds like the motorised valve is not working when they go they normally stay in the last position they were used in.
on the end of the valve there should be a small lever try pulling it over if the motor has gone you will feel some resistance on the lever , so with the boiler on pull the lever over and feel the pipe going to the rads i bet it starts to heat up ok , if it does there is a amall notch at the far end of the slot where the lever sticks out pull the lever over then pull it up into the notch, it should hold there untill the power from the clock goes off, i usualy trap it with half of a wooden peg till the motor is replaced a new motor is about £10-£15 plus the call out charge it should be done withing the hour for any heating engineer un

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back