Help - Asbestos Ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, firstly apologies if this is in the wrong folder but I wasn't too sure what category ceilings come under. Basically me and my family have recently moved into a 1930s property that needs a fair amount of modernisation. In the bathroom and kitchen the ceilings were covered with polystyrene squares that I've removed due to the fire risk. Underneath I'm not sure whether we have some sort of asbestos boards or whether they are just plaster or something else. I've attached some pics below, one of the ceiling and one close up of a bit that I've broken off (which was very hard). What do you think? Should I get someone round to check it out or am I worrying over nothing? Thanks.

ceiling.jpg

chunk.jpg

Sponsored Links
Being an older 30's house the ceilings are more than likely lime plaster on lath with horse hair or similar mixed in , difficult to tell from the pics, i would personally just over board the ceilings and skim , but at the end of the day it's your decision as to whether you get em checked for asbestos

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back