Help ! (boiler goes off and on)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a Worchester Bosch 350, the low pressure light kept coming on , so we have replaced the pressure valve, heating now working.
However some of the radiators are either not heating at all or not very well, we have bled system and balanced radiators.
The pilot light is igniting when put the heating on but then goes off after a few minutes then goes on again and keeps doing this but heating is still on (is the normal)
Has anyone got any suggestions.

Would greatly appreciate any help :( :(

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Pilot always on for your old boiler.

I am a little concerned that your knowledge seems a little weak for me to be sure that you have properly balanced the rads!

Did you do it as per the FAQ ?

Tony

Pilot always on for your old boiler.

I am a little concerned that your knowledge seems a little weak for me to be sure that you have properly balanced the rads!

Did you do it as per the FAQ ?

Tony
Yes i printed off the instructions of the link in faq and have follwed instructions on that. although we closed them all off and then done them one at a time.

i really do appreciate any help (incase you have not guessed i am a woman)

ok when you say your pilot is off then on then off then on

does that mean you are having to relight pilot manually?

ok when you say your pilot is off then on then off then on

does that mean you are having to relight pilot manually?

no it is relighting itselft, it seems to stay on for a couple of mins then goes off for a couple of mins then comes back on for a couple mins then just continues like that

is the pump actually turning?

go back to do what you did to vent pump, but take off the vent screw, put teatowel under the pump as you will get a wee bit of water dribbling, and check the shaft inside is actually turning round when the ch is running

you have filled system to between 1 and 1.5 bar and vented all rads and pump?

both isolation valves under the boiler are open?

I think you mean the main burner lighting, not the pilot which is only a very small flame.

I did not know if you were male or female but now I know that you are a woman then it makes me no more or less helpful.

If you turn off ALL the rads except the cold one then what happens?

Try turning pump speed up to "3".

Tony

I think you mean the main burner lighting, not the pilot which is only a very small flame.

I did not know if you were male or female but now I know that you are a woman then it makes me no more or less helpful.

If you turn off ALL the rads except the cold one then what happens?

Try turning pump speed up to "3".

Tony
sorry it would be the main burner then, if all other rads off then cold one heats up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back