Help ---can't bleed my combi system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any special way to bleed this sort of system :confused: It has a greenstar heatslave 12/18 boiler and the whole lot is 7 mths old. recently I have had to bleed the rads and I can't seem to get the air out. :oops:
I used to bleed my old system starting with the rad furthest from the boiler but it doesn't seem to be working for me :eek: Is there a special order to bleed combi systems rads in? ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
if you can't get any air out, what makes you think it needs bleeding?
:?:

if you can't get any air out, what makes you think it needs bleeding?
:?:

Yeah sorry :oops: What I mean is that I get the air out but next day when the boiler first fires up I can still hear air bubbling in the rads.
When I get home the system has been off so I do it again and there is more air. So, back to the question, is there a certain way it should be done to make sure I get it all out :?:

Sponsored Links
have you repressurised the system before, during and after you have tried bleeding it?

Yeah sorry :oops: What I mean is that I get the air out but next day when the boiler first fires up I can still hear air bubbling in the rads.
When I get home the system has been off so I do it again and there is more air.

Is the system adequately protected with inhibitor?

when run on very low pressure, the boiler could suck air in through the aav when it cools off completely

There are no leaks-I have always kept the pressure between 1 and 1.5 bar and there is inhibitor in the system.
I checked the pressure when I bled the rads yesterday and noticed that the pump was running at max speed. I switched it to low speed and when the heating came on it was much quieter and seemed to heat up just as fast.
Today I went round all the rads again and there was no air in them. :D
Could the speed of the pump have caused the noise and air :?: :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back