Bleeding a Combi System?

1 Apr 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
In order to drain down, flush and refill a Sime 80E combi system, is it just necessary to open the main drain cock and the bleed valves on the rads, or are there other bleed valves that need to be opened (on the pump, elsewhere on the boiler?).
Sponsored Links
Find the auto air vent on the boiler. As long as its cap is loose, it'll let air in as well as out. Leave it loose always.
Thanks, think I've found it. It sits at the back of the pump at top right hand side, small black screw on top (yes, it's already loose)? Sime manual refers to it as the 'air relief valve'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links