HELP Downstairs Radiators Won't drain off!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I need to get Sentinal x800 out the system. It's been in there a week which I gather is too long.

I'm draining the system. All the upstairs rads are empty with bleeds open. I have opened all the lock valves on the ones downstairs but most of them still leak water through the bleed valve apart from three which have the bleed valve open!!!

Water is trickling out. How on earth do I get the water all out!??!

The system has three drain off points.. all on the rads which have their bleed valves open. :'(

Sponsored Links
i take it the ones that won't drain are on dropdown pipes from upstairs with no draincocks ?

Thanks for your response.

I really don't know. How can I tell? I attached a hose pipe to a radiator upstairs and pushed water thought. Loads of black gunk came out even thought it had been "power flushed" buy our plumber when we had a new boiler fit. When it started to run almost clear there were quite a bit of grainy sedement too.

I hoped this would help but it hasn't. I think there is one radiator that alowes circulation one way but not the other due to crap build up.

What should I do? Replace the valves on the suspect radiator? The problem is I can't drain downstairs so I don't know how to remove it without making a big mess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back