Help Easter weekend and no hot water or central heating!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
We have a relatively new Baxi Duo tec boiler (installed in our new extension about six months ago). Has worked fine up to now but this morning we have no hot water or central heating.

Started running a bath and boiler made a funny gurgling noise. Error 131 flashed up, reset it and now the code isn't coming up but the same funny noise is happening and the temperature gauge flips around all over the place -80, 100, 0 etc.

Any ideas for a quick fix before we call out our plumber?

Thanks
mimi

Sponsored Links
Unless the connection of the condensate to your waste is blocked, it involves opening your boiler. If you do that yourself, it could void your warrantee.
Only 6 months old, so call your plumber out.
You should not have to pay for it anyway.

As Ben has said, don't start fiddling with it. Sadly you will have to accept there is a fault and get Heat Team out to fix it.

If you cannot get hold of your installer, you can contact Heat Team directly to book a warranty call. I believe you can even book one via their website.

They will probably attend next day.

Thanks guys. Had a look at the Baxi web site and it says to contact the installer. Have phoned him up and left a message but he's not likely to reply on an Easter weekend, especially if he won't get paid for it. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Your installer should come out today, at least for a quick look.
I would be embarrassed if one of my installs keeled over after 6 months and would come to check it out asap, regardless of what day in the year it is. Even a baxi should last longer than that.

Never had any problems with our Worcester - only replaced because we needed a bigger boiler with our new extension and the Baxi was the one the installer told us to use.

"Site says The Baxi Duo-tec Combi 28 HE won Boiler of the Year 2008 at the CORGI awards. This boiler also received top score in 2007 in a test by 'Which?' magazine and is a SEDBUK A rated boiler. The versatile Baxi Duo-tec Combi 28 HE is also available as a LPG model."

Guess we got a dud...

Just spoke to Baxi's heat team and they say they can send someone next Monday - one week of no hot water or heating then!

If you're stuck try BG's fixed price service, bet they are far quicker than Baxi

phone them back up and ask if your installer is baxi approved installer if so you are entitled to a next day repair, explain he is away and you cant get hold of him.
You have checked the basics and the pressure gauge is above .5

Just spoke to Baxi's heat team and they say they can send someone next Monday - one week of no hot water or heating then!

Oops, I bet nobody mentioned that when it came to the quality/guarantee of he boiler. :cry:
Look at the bright side, this could have happened when we had minus 10 a couple of months ago.

I did not read in the Which magazing that they take a week to do warrantee repairs!

Twice, I have arrived to do a warrantee repair within 20 minutes of the call to the manufacturer!

Tony

"Site says The Baxi Duo-tec Combi 28 HE won Boiler of the Year 2008 at the CORGI awards. This boiler also received top score in 2007 in a test by 'Which?' magazine and is a SEDBUK A rated boiler. The versatile Baxi Duo-tec Combi 28 HE is also available as a LPG model."

Guess we got a dud...

No, I think the 'Which' report is the dud, along with the Corgi awards :LOL:

Have you got an immersion heater to switch on?

I did not read in the Which magazing that they take a week to do warrantee repairs!

Twice, I have arrived to do a warrantee repair within 20 minutes of the call to the manufacturer!

Tony

Clearly that was not in London as it would have taken you longer than that to get to the end of the road and find a parking space.
Nor in Liverpool for that matter; I don't know any vans that drive very fast without wheels.

No, I think the 'Which' report is the dud, along with the Corgi awards :LOL:

Awards. :rolleyes:
Plenty of citroens/renaults/fiats that car of the year award. Can't remember ever seeing a merc/nissan/honda getting one.

Would I be correct if I said that poxi is the only brand in this country that managed to put a boiler on the market that was qualified in court as "not fit for purpose under the sale of goods act?"
I fitted one some years ago, and the pcb blew in the first month!
The bastards had the nerve to blame me for it. Not when I was there though, nor did they put it in writing.
I will never buy this junk again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back