Help! Euro cylinder stuck (with key inside) and struggling to remove gearbox

Was there a notch on both sides of the barrel for the anti snap? If only one side ( should be exterior side ), then youbmaybbe able to snap it from the other side
Thanks again for your help. I hoped I would be able to snap from the other side but the UVPC handle can’t be removed from the other side, and I’d rather not rip the handles off just yet

Sponsored Links
What's stopping the handle from coming off?
There’s nothing screwing it in on the exterior. I’ve moved the handle away from the barrel just enough to see it’s also got the same notch line as interior so will be the same problem if i snap from outside

The screws from the inner handle go through the door and screw into the outer handle, if the inner handle is unscrewed then there should be nothing holding the outer handle on other than just being slipped onto the spindle, the spindle will need to be pulled out also to get the gearbox out

Sponsored Links
What's stopping the handle from coming off?
From the first photo, it appears that the spring mechanism from the handle is stuck on to the spindle...
Screenshot_20240523-145411_Chrome.jpg
A couple of hammer taps should release it!

The screws from the inner handle go through the door and screw into the outer handle, if the inner handle is unscrewed then there should be nothing holding the outer handle on other than just being slipped onto the spindle, the spindle will need to be pulled out also to get the gearbox out
Thanks. Spindle won’t come out the door despite lubricant and hammer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back