Help finding unusual cockspur wedge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a wooden window with cockspur handle. The wedge itself has been broken but is extended and profiled around the wooden frame. I've tried everywhere to find a replacement - has anyone ever seen one like it - pic attached (still attached to window).

Sponsored Links
Yep seen before, either Notch or Jobandknock will know better but from experience it could be quite old and from defunct window manufacturers, names that spring to mind are John Carr, Boulton and Paul, Rugby Joinery, think these have all gone, then you have Jeldwen

Do you know anyone with a 3D printer who wouldn't mind a small project?

Hi, thanks for this - I've been in contact with the window manufacturers (who still exist as the house is only 10 years old) but they do not respond! Will definitely check out the 3D print option.

doesn't look too hard to make with a bit of suitable plastic and a file.
Don't know if using a hot glue gun might repair that?

Sponsored Links
Tried glueing - but not strong enough - any weight on the window and it breaks again and flies open! Really dangerous!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back