help- grill ignitor constantly clicking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My built in parkinson cowan has a main oven and seperate grill, the grill ignition constantly clicks unless it is lit- when lit it stops- even if the grill is off and closed it clicks unless i switch the mains off- this is a realpain as i have to have the grill on to put anything in the oven,

when the grillis lit if the door is closed it huts off the gas an continues clicking.

Can anyone please please help?

Rob

Sponsored Links
Could be two things possibly sticking switch on control knob spindle for the grill ignition or fauly spark generator

gas- the ignitor only clicks when the gas is off, when the grill is lit it stops- any ideas? i dont mind taking it to bits to have a look but am not sure where to start- there is a light that shows when the grill is on- this is constantly lit as well so i assume its a sensor or switch- jus not sure where to look

Theres no model given, but behind the fascia on the gas tap spindle there is usually a micro switch the contacts could be welded shut so its on all the time when the grills on it rectifys as it should so it stops.

Posting model no might help !

Sponsored Links
sorry- i did post the model in another post but that one went unanswered- its a parkinson cowan module 4:4000 built in oven & grill

if it was on the spindle how would it dtop when the gas is actually on? would some pictures of the unit hep you to help me diagnose it?

Thanks for all your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back