HELP - High pressure in Greenstar Worcester Bosch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Greenstar Worcester Bosch boiler, but the people who installed it 30 months ago didn't really have the time to let us understand how it works. We have been managing by trial and error until now. The pressure is now between 3 and 4 (is it dangerous?) and yesterday night there was no hot water. I heard that the fee for a visit from the Bosch technician is 185 pounds - which I cannot really afford at the moment. Can anyone help? We have a small child with arthritis, so it is important that the boiler works.

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
The pressure shouldn't go over 3bar because the PRV will open and dump water outside.

Turn the cold water valve off and open the hot tap, does the pressure drop, if not you have a problem with the expansion vessel.

In either case you need an engineer.

Many thanks for the reply....

I am not sure what the PRV is... Is the cold water valve the one in which one inserts the key? We have tried turning it in both directions, as we are not sure of which is the right one, but nothing happens.

I apologise for asking so many questions: by hot tap do we mean, for instance, the hot water tap in the bathroom?

Until Saturday night we did have hot water.

Do you think we need the £185 engineer from Bosch, or do you think that a Corgi registered plumber could sort it out?

A corgi guy should be called to check it sounds like you over presured it with the key
the presure valve should have opened at 3bar so that should be checked
If you have a drain off on a radiator drain some water out of the system through a hose till the presure is 1 bar

Sponsored Links
I am trying now with the radiator closest to the boiler - I'll keep you posted!

I wonder if this could have anything to do with the fact we have switched off some radiators in the house. This doesn't seem to make the rooms where radiators are on any warmer.

I apologise for my dumbness in plumbing matters...

Many thanks!

Have you taken the filler key out and stuck it in the drawer now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back