Help - how can I protect myself against damp work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

About four months ago I paid around £3,000 for extensive damp works to my ground floor flat (plaster stripped back, DPC injected, replastered.) They did a really bad job with the plaster and didn't look after my house well at all.

On one wall the damp has returned in a line where the new plaster meets the old.

The company are coming over this week to re-do the plastering in the affected area. They say it is due to contaminated plaster and are replastering 1.2 -1.6m high.

My big worry is that we had a fireplace fitted after the original damp works. The contaminated plaster goes right up to the new fireplace and I'm very worried that they will damage it. Do I need to remove the fireplace or do you think it will be ok?

Also - any experts out there - does their diagnosis seem right? They seem to think if they replaster it again everything will be ok... but I can't see how it will be different to the last time...

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back