Help Identify: Shower-Head Wall Mount - Broken (Photos)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of the arms used to dock the shower-head on my sliding wall mount has broken off.

I am renting, so I have no idea what brand this is, but perhaps you could advise on how to replace either just the broken part, or all of the sliding part itself.

I wouldn't want to change the whole set-up, including the actual wall-mounted tube.

I live in central London, near Kensington. Do you have any ideas for shops I could visit that could stock any of these parts?

Sponsored Links
No worries mate.

The diameter of the rails tend to be a similar/standard size however the 'length' of the riser rail (the pole), can vary. If that holder doesn't fit, you can buy a complete kit: See this link

Sponsored Links
I note the B&Q one has bad reviews. That may be due to the plastic snapping as has happened in your case?

If you do replace the full rail then you 'may' have to drill into the tiles as, as I stated above, the rail lengths can vary. Measure the length from the middle of the mount at each end and record that. You might find one that is an identical length.

I note the B&Q one has bad reviews. That may be due to the plastic snapping as has happened in your case?

Yeah, seems to be bad quality!

But need to replace it :p

I would need to take the whole rail off even to just replace that little thing... however, there's a screw on the slider itself, where I can take off just the broken part. Any ideas where I could buy that? Wouldn't want to pay £10 for some low-quality slider when I could get the part I need for £5

I very much doubt you'll get a single part such as that anywhere. The part would come as a complete set.

You're right regarding the rail having to be removed to replace the holder. To save having to drill a new hole for fixing a new rail, (you may be able to use one of the old mounting holes, top or bottom), you could take the whole rail along to your local PlumbCentre, Screwfix, B&Q etc and ask if they have a rail of same length. However, simply measuring the length of the rail and the length between the mounting holes should suffice.

I'm off now for a while but will check back later. One of the other lads will be able to help though.

If you can't match the length and are good with a hacksaw, you could buy a longer one then cut it down to fit so covering the existing holes in the tiles. You will probably have to cut a slot in the tube though. I have done this before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back