Help!! I'm Cold!! Worcester 12/18 fail!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Worcester Green Star Heatslave 12/18 oil fired combi.
Will not fire up. Plenty of oil in tank, in Tigerloop and at bleed point. When it's turned on at the mains with demand for heating and hot water the pump can be heard spinning. Lock out light is NOT on, however when pressing the reset button(under the front panel) there is no sparking noise, not sure if it should or not??. The only thing that has occurred is that the water pressure had dropped to '0' and I didn't notice, I normally have to boost it up every two months or so, forgot to check with the holidays and all that!! Could this have triggered a reset switch somewhere??
Thanks in advance, Dave

Sponsored Links
I will attach a link to your boilers installation manual, look at the exploded diagram at part number 6 this is a manually reset thermostat, most likely that has tripped with the water contents being low , reset it and you should be fine.

file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/Greenstar%20Heatslave%20Internal%2012-18,%2018-25%20and%2025-32%20Pre%20May%202012%20Installation%20and%20Servicing%20Instructions.pdf

Thanks gents, I'll have a look tomorrow morning and report my findings Incidentally, what causes the drop in water pressure, is it avoidable??

Sponsored Links
Thanks gents, I'll have a look tomorrow morning and report my findings Incidentally, what causes the drop in water pressure, is it avoidable??

Leakage from the system.
It could be one small leak or 30 micro leaks......or anything in between !

Check PRV is not dripping and also system pressure when hot.....EV may need recharging.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back