Help low pressure on boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The pressure on my Vitodens 100-W has fell below what it should be and now the boiler won’t work. I can’t work out how to increase the pressure. I have attached a photo of the setup can someone please help.

https://imgur.com/a/2iSZf

Close up image: https://imgur.com/a/Y04YW

2iSZf

Many thanks, Melissa

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The silver braided hose hanging down needs attaching to the silver fitting that is pointing down ,to the right side.that may have a cap to remove first I can't see on pic. Post close up shot.

The silver fitting with characters stamped on the body has a chrome cap screwed onto its end. You remove that ,carefully and have a cloth handy. Its a one way valve but a tiny bit of water may be present. I can't see the end of the flexi hose it does not show on pics ,but I suspect it will screw onto the one way valve directly. Maybe send pic of that before going any further. Once the flexi hose is connected you open the black handled valve at the other end of the flexi to allow water to go Into the system to increase pressure to 1 bar .make sure the hose at that end is secure on the black handled valve.

Sponsored Links
That pic is the end of the flexi ,and water will come out of that when you open the black handled valve. But I was referring to the chrome one way valve having a bit of water appear when you remove the screw on cap on its end. Unfortunately your last pic does not show a side view if what termination is on the end of the flexi ,only an end view. Which don't tell me what I need to know to enable me to advise you on how to connect the flexi to the one way valve.

We’ve done it thanks to your help. What a game, we have only been here a few weeks and it’s an old solid brick wall house which is very cold so I went into panic mode with the temperatures as they are at the moment. My boiler at the house we have just left was just a simple turn of the tap to increase the pressure. Why is this one so difficult. Many thanks, Melissa

If you are just new into the house, I would have a CH engineer in to give your system the once over and show you properly what you need to do with the filling loop.

If the boiler is losing pressure regularly then it needs checked as to what the cause is, you don't want to have to keep filling it up as that's not good for the system.

Agree with madrab, not sure what's going on with the pressure relief pipe, should be terminated in a safe location, not sure if plastic pipe counts. Also there's no trap so if there's an air break then drain smells will come through

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back