Help needed Megaflo No cold water to Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can any one please help. I have recently had my bathroom tiled. I turned off the water mains so we could take the shower unit off the wall. After tiling we put the shower unit back on. We now only get hot water coming through. I took the shower unit off exposing the copper pipes and turned the water back on to check whether it was the shower unit or the Megaflo? again only water came from the hot pipe, eliminating the shower to be the cause. I get cold water from every other tap in the house apart from the shower . If I leave the shower off for a few day, then turn it back on I get cold water for around 10 seconds then stops.
Can any one help?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Where have you taken the cold feed for the shower from ? there is a connection for balanced shower on the cold water control set is it connected there? if your not sure can you post a pic?

Hi.

Looks like the cold water comes from the Megaflo? I have uploaded the pictures

Thanks for helping

Sponsored Links
cant really make it out with those pics. but at the bottom right i can see a gate valve (red wheel head on it) that looks like it comes off the cold feed. it would explain why you get a burst off water as these are not ment for mains water and is slighty letting by. but that is a guess. could also be a balancing valve for the heating circuit to the megaflow. as i said, cant tell with those pics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back