Help needed with cold radiator, tried everything online.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a new combi boiler fitted a couple of weeks ago, but before that we had one radiator that hadn't worked for awhile. anyway we picked a rubbish plumber who advised the radiator was old and needed replacing as he had only allowed one day for the job he hadn't priced to replace any radiators. So after heating system was changed every radiator now works brilliantly except for one bedroom.(Same radiator that has not worked in ages) We have replaced the radiator and put new valves on, sometimes one pipe gets hot and other times it doesn't but radiator is always cold. (Freezing in every section) We have tried turning all radiators except the cold one off then turning the central hearing on. We have bled and re bled all the radiators. We have even removed to pipes to the manifold to check water was traveling through. All have not worked. We are now at a loss as what to try next, really don't want to get another plumber and we have no luck with them at all. Anyone help me please?

Sponsored Links
He fitted a new boiler and now every radiator works brilliantly except the one that wasn't working in the first place ? Hows he rubbish ? He's a plumber, not a magician :rolleyes: Disconnect the valves from the rad and check there's a good flow of water out of both valves. If it does they could be both piped to the flow/return. If this doesn't fix it does that mean i'm rubbish as well ? ;)

Sponsored Links
I referred to him as rubbish because of another matter not related to this. Maybe a bad choice of word! He had a very bad attitude and I wouldn't want him back in my house. Thank you for your reply anyway! The radiator used to work up until a year ago so not sure that the flow and return would be on the same pipe? But we will check anyway! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back