Cold Radiator and pipes to radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
I have a cold radiator downstairs. All other radiators up and downstairs heat and pipes to the radiators are hot. The pipes to the cold radiator are also cold. All the radiators have been bled, this did not help. Turned all rads onto to max, this did not help. Turned all off except the cold radiator, this did not help either. :cry:
What can I do?
thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
perhaps the thermostatic valve is stuck off.

remove the head & check the pin will move up & down.
don't pull it up, just depress it.

Sorry being a typical useful female now :oops: ...but trying to be independant...How do I get the head of the the valve, can't seem to see how to do that, it is a Honeywell TRV

Sponsored Links
yep could be a faulty TRV sensor head or as mentioned above the pressure pin could be stuck.

Sometimes you can unscrew the heads off TRVs or sometimes there may be a small screw that needs to be undone first.

Not that I know much about this stuff, but wouldn't the pipes to the radiator be hot if it was a TRV problem. I am assuming that these valves just stop the hot water going into the radiator itself. Or is that too simplistic a view

Hi there, cant believe that no body said this sooner. Take the cap off the valve at the other end of the radiator and check it is open by turning it anticlockwise

Hmmm. Have tried the valve at the other end, but it will not turn either anti clockwise or clockwise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back