Help needed with Visonic powermax express GSM setup.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have installed the Visonic express alarm with no problems except I cant seem to get the GSM working. I have inserted the vodafone sim correctly and it has a strong signal. I followed the quick reference guide set up for SMS reporting to private numbers but when I did the diagnostic check it said " IP not defined". What do I need to do to get it set up for gsm without landline connection.

Thank you for any help, its driving me insane. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Just go to private report, sms report, reported events and choose alarms or all (-op/cl) this last is if you need a report for every open or close of your alarm.
Then 1st sms number, 2nd sms number and 3rd sms number and come out of installer mode and it should be setup for private report by sms.

Kind Regards

Hi there,

Can't seem to get it working too... tested the SIM card in the GSM module and was able to dial into it.. so signal strength isn't an issue.

When you input the SMS number, do you enter

or 079123818

?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

Can't seem to get it working too... tested the SIM card in the GSM module and was able to dial into it.. so signal strength isn't an issue.

When you input the SMS number, do you enter

or 079123818

?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back