Help ....New heating system noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently my heating system has started a dull consistent thudding/ knocking noise, sounds and feels like it’s coming from unvented cylinder cupboard, possibly water combination valve - I can feel vibration when holding the valve.
Happens regularly throughout day and night but At night this dull thudding is very annoying. It only does this when taps are off and no water running.

I have tried bleeding the rads and draining the whole system.

Any advice please?

Sponsored Links
Is your UV a Megaflo?

If so, try a recharge of the air bubble.
If not, you'll need a G3 engineer to recharge the expansion vessel.

Also check the tundish/discharge pipe from the inlet control group to see if its letting by on the PRV... This all depends on how its been installed. Photos would help.

But, you might need a G3.

Thanks.

It’s a Santon premier plus, tundish is dry. I’ve attached a photo.

I have tried draining the system then refilling? How else would I recharge the air bubble?

Attachments

• BF17AF23-2281-4D23-A330-C4D39770F5DB.jpeg
    BF17AF23-2281-4D23-A330-C4D39770F5DB.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 75
You have an EV (shown top left of your photo) this needs checking for airside charge and regenerating or replacing (as required) but this needs doing by a G3 engineer. Guides can be found on-line though.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again.

If I push the shrader valve in the EV I get a jet of air and some water spray, would this signal it’s collapsed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back