help please... dishwasher (zanussi) not heating or drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help,

the problem is that my dishwasher(zanussi) does not heat the water during washing anymore and also does not dry.

About an hour ago i had someone round to fix it, he turned on the dishwasher then after 2 minutes of sitting looking at it told me that it was the switches that needed replacing and it would cost me £150, so i might as well buy a new dishwasher from him.

I was charged £50 for this, i feel robbed. :cry: :cry: :evil:

Is it possible to know that it is the switches without testing them?

Please help, if you can.

Sponsored Links
I have the same problem with my machine - what was the outcome of your problem?
Let me know

i got quotes of around £100 for the part needed off the internet, and £50 to fit it so in the end up i bought a new dishwasher, not from the service guy though!!

Oh dear!! Hope I don't have to get a new machine as well...
Hoping to find an answer to the problem and fix it.

Sponsored Links
Several possibilities. Element, thermostats or wiring are the most likely causes. Don't see how the switches can be tested by looking at it though.

where is the thermostat usually loacted? Can't see any signs of it in side and taking machine apart seem difficult - looks like base has to come off.

Usually in the door (need to take it apart), may also have some under the machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back