Help please Hotpoint Aquariue FDW20 DIshwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am new to this forum and hoping you lovely people can help?

OUr dishwasher is 2 years old tomorrow but has just stopped working. Tow of the buttons, the 'Wash' and the 'Drying' lights are flashing and it stopped mid cycle. In the manual it says to call the Hotpoint Service centre which I did but they offered me two options one a call out at £95 or a one year guarantee at £159, I am thinking that I could get a new one for not much more!

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions, I am a bit annoyed that it is only 2 years old and I had to have someone out to look at it within the first year too. :evil:

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

Madmadz xx :D

Sponsored Links
You could always try relying on your statutory rights as apposed to the expired manufactures guarantee- which is always additional to the statutory rights. I have used this route before to get an expensive 3 year old sony TV replaced. Look on the trading standards website or call their helpline for advice. Basically expensive large electrical items should last for a reasonable period, reasonable as being defined by caselaw which I believe is longer than 2 years. However you need to deal with the seller rather than manufacturer as this is where you statutory rights lie.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back