Help please Router question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone advise please ? I have a Bosch pof 600ace router and I believe its a 1/4". Ok from what I can see, the worktop jigs are 1/2"

Are all jigs 1/2" ?? I don't really want to be spending on a new router as this one has only been used on a couple of occasions......

Sorry all the questions but I don't know

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
worktop cutters require 1700-1800w minimum 1/2" router
if you can get a 1/4" cutter it needs to be 850-900w minimum and twice as many passes so 2x the number off cutters

worktop cutters require 1700-1800w minimum 1/2" router
if you can get a 1/4" cutter it needs to be 850-900w minimum and twice as many passes so 2x the number off cutters

Then the one I have is not strong enough as it says 600w :cry: :cry: Aww well time to save up unless there is a different way ???

What model should I be looking at and one final question, will all my bits with them being 1/4" are they no good in a 1/2" model ???

you can if your handy with a saw do a crude version of a mason mitre without the need of a jig.

Sponsored Links
you are supposed to do 1/2 the shank size per pass
so 44mm worktop will be 7 passes at 6.3mm
although most will go for 3 or 4 passes[some one or 2 lol]
so aim for 7 passes and you will be fine
if you have a good jigsaw that doesn't wander then cut within 5mm off the join line and then 3 passes will be good

its to do with how many worktops you are cutting
if you are cutting several then you need to have the greater power to do the best job
reducing the depth off cut [the load]will bring it within the router you suggested although if you are planing more than one kitchen then a router with greater power would be good :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back