HELP Please

J4S

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help please........
I have HOTPOINT AQUARIUS super silent wash WT540 1400 washing machine. The problem seems to be that the programme is stuck on final spin. Even if you switch the machine off and re start it goes to the final spin and misses out pre wash, wash, rinse ete. Because of this the machine is not washing anything.
I would be greatful if anyone can help.

Thank You
J

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
what happens if you switch it on, does it fill? or what

When you switch it on and press start, it starts the final spin straight away and misses everything else.

so it does not fill?

or does it fill (or try to fill) then spin very fast?

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
so it does not fill?

or does it fill (or try to fill) then spin very fast?

Doen't fill, doesn't do anything just starts Final spinning (spin fast)

are you sure it doesnt try to fill?

reason i ask is only ever seen this once and it caught me out.
it was a broken tacho magnet

the motor can go as fast as it can whenever it wants to, but it deosnt becuse the motor control borad says slow down, but the motor contol board only knows its moving because of the tacho

the tacho is a coil of wire mounted on the back of the motor

in this coil sits a magnet.

this magnet is fixed to the motor shaft (usualy via a screw)

if the magnet is broken or come off the tacho thinks the motor is not moving so the motor contol board says "well go faster then" in the hopes it will see it move.

UNPLUG the mc before you look into it

for a picture clicky

breezer said:

the motor can go as fast as it can whenever it wants to, but it deosnt becuse the motor control borad says slow down, but the motor contol board only knows its moving because of the tacho

if the magnet is broken or come off the tacho thinks the motor is not moving so the motor contol board says "well go faster then" in the hopes it will see it move.

for a picture clicky

Nothing happens-in the indicators on the front the programme skips everything and goes into rinse final spin.

J4S said:
breezer said:

for a picture clicky

Nothing happens-in the indicators on the front the programme skips everything and goes into rinse final spin.
Its seems like it is stuck on the spin part of the programme.(the spins works fine not too fats or slow) but everytime I start the machine it always goes to the spin on the red indicators on the front.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back