help replacing thumb lock turner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there ive got a pvc door with a thumb turning cylinder lock. The lock itself is fine, how ever the thumb turner part has come off and I want to find a replacement. I've spent an hour googling and cant find what that specific part is called. I will upload pictures shortly to help.

If anybody could tell me what its called ir even better point me in the right direction id be very grateful :)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
IMG_20160424_1635582_rewind.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply, great idea but a spare what though? I dont know what its called :s the twirly knob is the best I can come up with

I was afraid of that, it still turns with pliers, feels like a waste to replace the whole thing.... would rather make somesort of contraption

I only say that because I don't think you can buy them separately, Google 'star knobs', maybe you could graft one onto your existing cylinder but already to me that says cheaper just to buy a cylinder

Last edited:
Ok thanks for your help, will a new cylinder mean a new lock?

No the main locking mechanism stays, it's just the cylinder you need to change but that will of course mean new keys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back