Help, tiled kitchen ceiling!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We bought our first house a couple of months ago and have been busy decorating it. Now here's my problem. The woman that owned the house before thought it was a great idea to tile the entire kitchen (walls & CEILING) with 2" tiles. I think it looks terrible. Now my problem is, how do I get the tiles off without ruining the drywall? Any ideas? Another problem is that our kitchen cabinets are very nice and not cheap. They're maple and go all the way to the ceiling. I don't know how they attached the molding and we got to be extra careful not to tear anything up.
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to solve this problem????
Any help is appreciated. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Is your ceiling high enough to put a false ciling in just below te existing one? You could build a frame wrk say two inches or so down and fix new baords to hat maybe?

No, unfortunately we don't have room for that. We have maybe 1/4" or 1/2 cm between the cabinets and the ceiling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back