HELP! trap has come away

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The trap below the kitchen sink has come away and is therefore leaking. Is there a way of adhering it back to the actual steel sink unit? presume u use some form of sealant but what? cheers for any advice! :(

Sponsored Links
Is it not just a compression type? push it back in and tighten it!

I am betting its a basket trap and the screw has rusted away

a new one is the only way to go

Unfortunately I think u are right-there was a screw in the middle of the plug hole and that has gone! So now what!? :eek:

Sponsored Links
When u mean a new one do u mean I would need to get the whole unit that is the steel cap part and therefore re-screw in a new one-the only problem with that as stated is the trap has come off completely ( I presume the seal) and is being propped at this stage-if I let go it will come away all together. :evil:

OK Chris thanks for that-Its a waste,ok:oops:
Do u know what its called so I can search on the net for it? Looking at the image u obviously screw it in but do u need a sealant between the waste (lower part) that connects underneath to the actual sink itself?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back