Help! Vokera Compact Boiler not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I was at my parents place for christmas and have returned to a boiler that is not kicking out any central heating or hot water. It is showing a red light and pressure is at 0.

29122010013.jpg

When I reset it it flashes green and starts making noises but after about 10 minutes shuts off again

29122010018.jpg

It is probably also worth mentioning that there is the odd drop of water coming from here

29122010019.jpg

We did have this problem before but when I was away working and my housemate mentioned it was something to do with pressure but cannot remember how to fix it

I am a total novice and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi you need to top the system pressure up to 1 bar cold. There should be a filling loop (silver braided hose) with valves nearby. You need to open this until the blue marker reaches 1 on the pressure gauge.

I have the EXACT same problem as you.. Mine was on 0.5bar filled it up to 1.0bar and it still keeps turning of!!

Solid red light can be numerous things on these. Thermistors are common problem.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply guys. I have turned one of the valves but I was wondering how long it takes for the pressure to go up? Also should I be doing this with the boiler on or off? The second valve on the other end of the hose is very tight so should I loosen this one with force or just the first?

29122010020.jpg

29122010021.jpg

leave the boiler on but not running, turn the screw driver slot on the right hand valve half a turn and you will hear the water filling the boiler, dont touch the other valve its a check valve and you dont have to touch it, when you get to 1 bar turn the screw driver slot back to where it was.

Thank you! All sorted now the heating is firing up. You have saved my nye party! A big thanks to everyone :mrgreen:

one more question - what is the normal resting pressure as it has been rising and is on its way up to 2?

One to 1.5 bar is fine as a cold pressure, which normally rises on heating, by half a bar or so.
See "boiler Pressure Problems" in the FAQ/Wiki for more info.
Every few years a pressure vessels in the boiler needs pumping up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back