Help. What kind of filler can i use to fill wide gap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am planing to paint over some wallpaper but had some crumbling plaster behind a section of the wallpaper. I have removed the plaster but i am unsure what kind of filler to use, i was thinking of Gyproc Easi-fill from B&Q or Make Good jointing and filling ready mixed from Screwfix. I plan on filling the hole and then sanding it down so i can place a section of wallpaper i can use from the opposite wall which i will be tiling over. I have attached a pic.

Attachments

• 20200902_212536.jpg
    20200902_212536.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 256
Sponsored Links
I don't know what the maximum thickness that Easifill allows but I don't think it won't be sufficient for a hole that deep.

Are the walls dot and dab plasterboard? If yes, force some of the filler in to the void behind the plaster board to reduce the risk of bounce.

You will need to cut away an additional inch or so of the existing paper. If you don't, the sanded filler will be flush with the paper, resulting in the replacement bit of paper being higher than the existing paper.

I would probably use Toupret TX10. For really deep holes I would use bonding plaster first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back