HELP why is cold water only coming out of our shower system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we need help with our shower system we have fitted a moretti thermostatic shower we have the cold water coming from the mains and the hot water is running on the same pipes as the bath taps it is on a gravity fed system with a normal boiler.both hot and cold water are coming through but it seems like the thermostat is turning off before the hot water comes through properly does anyone know if this will be able to work just by fitting a pump or will the pipes have to be rerouted any ideas will be very much appreciated thanks kazcro

Sponsored Links
You need balanced pressures for a thermostatic mixer to work best.

Your mains cold water is overpowering the hot flow which I assume is from the hot water cylinder. Pumping the hot water will fix it as will changing the cold to be fed from the cold tank. It's best that both hot and cold come from the same pressure source, ie a tank in roof or mains or a twin impellor pump, etc.

i dont know much .. but i had the same problem with my shower it was just a little valve inside the unit sent away on the internet and fitted it myself.. cost about £7 for two .. the prob apparently was caused by back pressure blowing the valve. hope someone can be of more help but it might be a start.
audi

[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back