Help with an alcoved feature wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am in the process of decorating my living room, i have just bought a new sofa which is black and i am wanting a retro look so considering a feature wall, i have chosen the wallpaper already just not sure where to put it!

The wall i am planning on using has two alcoves, but they are boxed in at the top, so this gives a sort of 'M' shape. I was wanting some ideas as to how to wallpaper and whether to do the whole wall, including the alcoves, or just the 'M' or just the alcoves.

Sorry I cannot be anymore clear but not too sure how to add a picture to explain better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much
Laura

Sponsored Links
paint the M shape yellow and tell every one you are sponsored by McDonalds :LOL:

personally i would pain the inside walls of the acoves a lighter shade of the papaer and paper the rest

Good luck

Sorry this is why we should preview b4 we post

Paper the backs of the alcoves paint the side walls and paper the front walls

Sponsored Links
I would say it depends on where your main light source is coming from.. i'm an interior designer, and my standard "formula" when decorating a room is the wall with the window the lightest, the 2 walls next to the window medium, and the walls opposite the window darkest.

If your archways are opposite your window, i would paper the M, and paint the inside of the arch the darkest colour from the paper.. what colours are in your wallpaper?

to post a picture, you need to upload it somewhere on the internet (photobucket or such) and the use the URL (in a box called "direct link" if you use photobucket, otherwise right click the picture and click properties and it tells you there). you then paste that url in an IMG tag.. so it would look something like this

[code:1]http://www.domain.com/picture.jpg[/url][/code:1]

hope that helps :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back